Sunday, December 30, 2007

Bloom Gewurztraminer 2006

Price: $7.99 (regularly $9.99) @ Whole Foods (Columbus, OH)
Recommended by: the great price
Comments: OK, we have to brag. This photo was taken from our new iPhone. Why did we have to take it on our iPhone? For some reason, no one has provided a label of this wine, not even the official Bloom website! And that's a crime, because this is an excellent wine! Fantastic, when considering the price. This wine from the Mosel-Saar-Ruwer region of Germany provides flavors of pineapple, lemon, and a hint of pear. It finishes with some spice that came to the fore when paired (perfectly) with Moroccan swordfish. This inexpensive wine can compete with some of the best Gewurz's that we've enjoyed (and Whole Foods named it a Top 10 wine for holiday entertaining). We would definitely buy this again.
Rating: 7.5/10

2 comments:

aj said...

Anything German tends to be good, in my book.

And dear lord, I love your blog. Sign me up for the mailing list.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this wine. When I went to google it, nothing came up, but I stumbled onto your blog. It's amazing and very helpful!